- 1 head broccoli
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 8 carrots, split
- 400g (1½ cups) drained canned chickpeas
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g (6 cups) baby spinach, washed
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
- Plain yoghurt, to serve
- Flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan).
Cut the broccoli into steaks using a sharp chef’s knife. Arrange on a baking tray and brush with 2 tbs of the olive oil. Arrange the carrots, chickpeas, and garlic around the broccoli steaks and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast until the broccoli and carrots are lightly charred and cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the spinach in a covered steaming basket sat over a half-filled saucepan of simmering water, about 3 minutes.
To serve, divide the roasted vegetables and steamed spinach between plates. Drizzle broccoli with yoghurt and sprinkle the chickpeas on the spinach. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped herbs.