- 1 large bunch of kale (about 600g) stalks removed and leaves cut into 5 mm thick ribbons
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbs pepitas, toasted and finely chopped
- 70g (1/2 cup) Plant Parmesan
Plant Parmesan (makes about 140g or 1 cup)
- 115g (3/4 cup) cashew nuts
- 25g (1/3 cup) nutritional yeast flakes
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
For the plant parmesan, pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until you have a fine meal similar to finely grated parmesan cheese. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Place the kale, oil and salt in a large bowl and, using your hands, massage the kale for 3–4 minutes, or until it softens and becomes lovely and tender. Add the lemon zest and juice to the bowl together with the pepitas and toss to combine, then sprinkle over half the plant parmesan. Serve.