- 450g pappardelle
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, cut into small wedges
- 300g (2 cups) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and leaved separated
- 2 tbs shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Parmesan, to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pappardelle in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until ‘al dente ‘ 10-12 minutes usually.
In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan set over moderate heat until hot. Add garlic, fry for 20 seconds, and then discard.
Add the butter to the pan, let it melt, and then add the lemon wedges, cooking and stirring until starting to colour, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in Brussels sprouts, cooking over a slightly reduced heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta when ready and add it to the sprouts and lemon wedges, tossing to combine.
Divide between bowls and garnish with chopped nuts and a grating of fresh Parmesan.