For the burgers
- 600g skinless salmon fillets, finely diced
- 3 tbs cream cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 2 tbs flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 wholemeal rolls, split
- 2-3 tbs good-quality mustard
- 50g (2 cups) rocket, washed
- 1 large red onion, cut into rings
- 1 large handful alfalfa sprouts
- 1 small handful dill, torn
To make the burger patties, place the salmon in a mixing bowl and add the cream cheese, red onion, egg, parsley and lemon juice. Season well and stir thoroughly until combined.
Divide the mixture into four and shape into patties between your hands. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes until ready to cook (you can also chill them overnight).
When ready to cook, preheat a barbecue or frying pan to a medium hot temperature. Brush the patties with olive oil before grilling or pan-frying for about 6-8 minutes, or until firm to the touch and opaque in appearance.
Remove from the heat and let rest for at least 5 minutes, covered loosely with aluminium foil.
To assemble the burgers, lightly toast the rolls. Spread the bottom halves with mustard and top with rocket leaves. Sit the patties on top and top them with red onion and a mixture of micro salad and dill before serving with the tops of the rolls on the side.