- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 l vegetable stock
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 450 g (3 cups) new potatoes, halved
- 150 g (1 cup) fresh peas, thawed if frozen
- 4 tbs basil pesto
- 4 tbs Parmesan, grated
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 handful mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat until hot. Stir in the carrots and garlic, cooking and stirring for 2 minutes.
Stir in the stock, courgette, and potatoes. Bring to a rapid simmer and cook steadily until the potatoes are tender to the tip of a knife, about 15 minutes.
Stir in the peas, simmering until warmed through, about 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide between bowls and top with some pesto, grated Parmesan, basil leaves, and mint leaves.