- 1 ½ cups macadamia nuts, soaked for 4 hours, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup buckwheat groats (or buckinis)
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ¼ cup dried coconut + extra for topping
- 2 tbs Bioglan Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups cashews, soaked for 4 hours, rinsed and drained
- 6 tbs Bioglan Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup lime juice + zest for topping
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Place 10 muffin cups in the holes of a muffin tray. Pulse macadamia nuts and buckwheat in a food processor, then add dates, coconut and 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil and pulse until the mixture starts to stick together.
Press macadamia nut mixture into the base of each of the muffin cups. Place in the freezer while making the filling.
For the filling, place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, ginger, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract and 6 tablespoons water in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Pour filling evenly into each muffin cup on top of the crust and sprinkle with lime zest and coconut. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm, before serving with a slice of lime.