- 300g finely desiccated coconut
- 6 free range eggs
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or maple flavoured monk fruit syrup
- 1 tsp fresh vanilla bean
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, plus a few extra to garnish the top.
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 450 gram loaf or bread tin with baking paper.
Either by hand or using a hand held mixer, beat the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla bean for a few minutes until well combined. Now add in the mashed banana and stir to combine.
Fold the desiccated coconut into the wet mixture, then gently fold through the raspberries.
Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin and top the batter with extra raspberries and an extra sliced banana if you wish.
Bake at 180C for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Remove from the oven, allow to cool and enjoy as is or with your favourite toppings.
Makes 1 loaf