- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs grated lime zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 400g salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 1 tbs Bioglan Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 cos lettuce, separated into small cups
- 1 small bag pre-made kale slaw
- 1 tub tzatziki (or hummus), optional
Grind the macadamias to crumbs in a spice grinder or food processor, then combine with breadcrumbs and lime zest.
Dip salmon pieces in the beaten egg, then transfer to the breadcrumb bowl and cover with the breadcrumb mixture, patting gently to help the crumbs stick.
Heat coconut oil in a frying or griddle pan over medium heat; cook the salmon pieces on each side until lightly golden and cooked to your liking.
Top each lettuce cup with kale slaw, a dollop of tzatziki or hummus and a piece of salmon.