- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 desiree potato, diced into 5mm-1cm cubes
- Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 100g (4 cups) kale ribbons (stalks removed, leaves sliced)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 45g coarsely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Put the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add the potato and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and leave to brown for 5-8 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking. You want the potato to be browned on all sides.
Add the beans and the onion and mix well. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes or until the onion has softened. Add the kale ribbons and lemon juice and stir until the kale is wilted.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and Parmesan, if using. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Serve immediately.