For a dinner dish that’s rich in taste, light on effort and high in nutrients, turn to this simple yet satisfying chicken dish with a creamy mushroom sauce.
- 4 chicken thighs, trimmed and flattened
- Extra virgin olive oil for pan-frying
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tbs lemon juice with zest reserved
- 200mL Bioglan Bone Broth (200mL boiling water & 1 tsp bone broth powder) + extra if needed
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbs natural or coconut yoghurt
Pan fry chicken thighs on each side until cooked. Transfer to a plate.
For the sauce, heat olive oil in the same frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms, lemon juice and zest, and cook for a few minutes, before adding bone broth. Let simmer until mushrooms are soft, stir in parsley. Take off the heat and stir through yoghurt.
Spoon over mushroom sauce over the chicken and serve with steamed greens.
Recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin