- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, outer leaves removed, washed and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ½ cups arborio or short grain brown rice
- 2 large beetroots, pre-cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 tbs Bioglan Beetroot Powder
- 3-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 200g goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add leek and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add rice to the pan and stir until glistening. Pour over 1 ladle of hot stock and stir, adding one ladle of stock at a time and simmering on low heat for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Add beetroot and beetroot powder, gently combine.
Turn off the heat, spoon into bowls and sprinkle with rocket leaves and goats cheese, and season to taste.