- 2 small beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 butternut squash, seeded and cut into half-moons
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 250 g halloumi, cut into thin strips
- 1 large courgette, peeled into ribbons
- 50 g (2 cups) rocket, washed
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful alfalfa sprouts, or other salad sprouts
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan).
Toss the beetroot and squash with 2 tbsp olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper to taste on a rimmed baking tray. Roast in the oven until tender to the tip of a knife, about 40-50 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool, covered with aluminium foil.
Preheat a griddle pan over a medium heat until hot. Brush the halloumi and courgette with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Working in two batches, griddle the halloumi and courgette until golden-brown and lightly charred, turning a few times, about 4-5 minutes per batch.
Arrange the beetroot, squash, courgette, and halloumi on a serving platter. Garnish with rocket, pumpkin seeds, and alfalfa sprouts before serving.