- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond, hemp or coconut milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or powder
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs crunchy salted peanut butter, plus extra to serve
- 40 g (1/3 cup) white chia seeds
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- 2 tsp toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp toasted cashews, roughly chopped
Add the milks, cacao powder, vanilla, maple syrup and peanut butter to a high-speed blender and blitz on high until smooth.
Add the chia seeds and pulse a few times just to incorporate (you want to be careful not to blend too much as the chia seeds need to be left whole to do their thing), then transfer the chia mixture to a bowl, cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight. You want it to chill and thicken to a pudding-like consistency.
To serve, divide the chia mixture between two glasses and top with the cacao nibs, toasted nuts and a little extra peanut butter.