- 500ml oat milk, or almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 185g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs raw maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe pears, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 150g (1 cup) mixed berries, such as raspberries and blueberries
- 1 handful curly kale, to garnish, optional
Combine the oat milk and salt in a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil over a moderate heat. Stir in the quinoa and return to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 10-12 minutes, stirring from time to time.
Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Continue to simmer, partially covered, until the porridge is thickened to your liking, about 10 minutes.
Divide between bowls and top with the fruit and kale, if using, before serving.